Everyone strives for a work-life balance. Moms who take care of the children round-the-clock while running a business find it harder to balance life and often forget about themselves.
It’s important to remember that if you can’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of others. Here’s how you can achieve work-life balance better as a mompreneur:
- Keep a list of your priorities. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by to-dos and chores but when you have a clear set of priorities in mind, you know what things to get done first.
- Make advance preparations. Whenever you find extra time, like when the baby went to sleep early, prepare in advance the visuals for your meeting or the weeks’ worth of family meals.
- There’s no shame in asking for help. If someone at home is available to wash the dishes or sweep the floors, delegate the tasks to them and explain that you needed an extra hand today.
- Make a clear barrier between work and family time. Keep your work at the office and maintain the home space for family time only. If possible keep your phone away so you won’t get distracted.
- Connect with other mompreneurs who understand. Join support groups of moms who are in the same situation as you. Learning from like-minded people will help you grow as a mother and entrepreneur.
- Choose healthier food options. It might be hard to squeeze in a workout when you’re so busy with the kids and your business. You can still stay healthy by eating whole foods instead of fast food.
- Keep a transparent relationship with your partner. When you feel overwhelmed, let your partner know. When you need extra help at home, let your partner know. Communication is key in a healthy relationship.
- Take a break whenever you need to. Ask your partner or get a babysitter to watch the kids while you take a few hours to yourself and do what you love.
- Give yourself enough credit. The last thing you need is to doubt yourself. Appreciate all that you have done and how far you’ve come.
- Learn to accept the lack of balance. The perfect work-life balance doesn’t exist. Everyone is just doing their best to balance personal life with work life. Accept that this is enough to be happy.
Having a work-life balance is not a luxury, it is a right everyone deserves. Busy mompreneurs deserve it more than anyone so, do yourself a favor and follow our ten tips to achieve work-life balance.